Re: network manager does not detect the IP !

On 12/11/06, Joan Moreau <joan moreau m4x org> wrote:

 Derek Broughton wrote:

 Fine, but did you remove the dhclient-script in /sbin? I'm certain
that doesn't belong there, and can only cause problems.

 Yes, and now there is an error " /sbin/dhclient-script not found"

Oh, damn.  Sorry, I _do_ have that script myself.  And it's not the
same as the one in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script!

I'm not at all sure why I couldn't find it before.  Still, I'm pretty
sure this shows the problem - if I compare the two scripts, the only
difference is the dhcdbd stuff.  So, I'd suggest making
/sbin/dhclient-script a symlink to the one in /etc/dhcp3/ (I've just
done that - wondering if this is all that's been wrong with _my_
setup).

My suspicion is that the dhcp3 postinst script is supposed to make
this symlink, but can't do it if there's already a script in /sbin -
so it would be a bug in the Ubuntu package.  If this fixes either your
problem or mine, I'll file a bug report to Ubuntu.
--
derek