Re: KNetworkManager sometimes fails to initialize

Hi Rob,

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 10:22 -0500, Rob Hasselbaum wrote:

> First of all, thanks for a great tool! I'm using KNetworkManager on
> Kubuntu 6.10. Most of the time, it works well. But maybe 20% of the
> times I boot my laptop, the tray icon will fall to appear and I won't be
> connected to my wireless network. I can see "knetworkmanager" in the
> process list, though, and I can kill it and restart it and everything is
> fine again--although i have to manually connect to the network in this case.
>
> Amy idea what could be causing this intermittent behavior? I have pasted
> the syslog below that shows an occurrence of the problem. As you can
> see, it seems to get stuck at stage 2. The network key should be
> available in KWallet, so I don't know why it says no valid key exists.

Could you please get in touch with the Kubuntu maintainers to determine
whether this is a distribution specific issue?  I have never seen the
behavior as described above.

However, if it turns out to be a upstream problem, please post on [1]
and we'll get it fixed.

Thanks,

   Timo

[1] kde-networkmanager list