T-Mobile (and other) support

Hi,

In order to connect to T-Mobile (and presumably some other) 802.1x
networks (Not the current tmobile WEP), NM needs to use PAP for the
secondary (Inner Auth).  I'm presently using NM v0.6.3-2ubuntu6, which
doesn't support this.  Is there a newer alpha/beta version that does? If
not is someone presently investigating this?  Finally, if there is no
present effort underway, what are some starting points for me to look at
implementing this?  I'm a competent programmer, but not at all entirely
familiar with underpinnings or dbus or gnome.

Thanks,

-Jim P.