Re: PAP Phase 2 supported ?

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 17:46 -0500, Nicolas Will wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the list.
>
> My company has quite weird requirements for Wi-Fi in the office.
>
> It uses WPA EAP-TTLS with PAP phase 2 authentication. It basically
> changes WEP104 keys regularly.
> The access points hide their SSID.
>
> I used to have a manual wpa_supplicant config that worked quite well.
>
> I am now running the following:
>
>     * Dell D610 laptop
>     * Intel 2915abg wireless card
>     * Ubuntu Dapper
>     * Linux 2.6.15-20 686 official kernel
>           o ipw2200 1.1.1
>           o ieee80211 1.1.7
>           o ipw firmware 1.3
>     * NetworkManager 0.6.2
>     * wpa_supplicant 0.4.8
>

> In nm-applet, I do not see any setting for PAP phase 2. Is it supported?
>
> Here is a wpasupplicant.conf that worked:
>
>     #  Please see /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.gz
>     #  for more complete configuration parameters.
>
>     ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
>     ctrl_interface_group=0
>
>     # This is needed for ipw driver and hidden SSIDs
>     ap_scan=2
>
>     # "Dynamic WEP" EAP-TTLS/PAP configuration with anonymous identity
>     for the unencrypted
>     # use. Real identity is sent only within an encrypted TLS tunnel.
>
>     network={
>             ssid="MyHiddenSSID"
>             scan_ssid=1
>             mode=0
>             proto=WPA
>             key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
>             auth_alg=OPEN
>             pairwise=TKIP
>             group=WEP104
>             eap=TTLS
>             anonymous_identity="MyBogusIdentity"
>             identity="MyRADIUSusername"
>             ca_cert="PathToMyCAcert"
>             password="MyRADIUSpassword"
>             phase2="auth=PAP"
>     }
>
> wpasupplicant was started with the following options:
>
>     OPTIONS="-i eth1 -D ipw -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -w"
>

> Using NetworkManager 0.6.2, I cannot go through Phase 2 using any Key
> Type (AES, TKIP, Dynamic WEP).
> The AP is found, Phase 1 looks OK.
>
> Any direction ?

OK, for logs lovers, here they are:

http://rdo.homelinux.org/~will/nm_test/
<http://rdo.homelinux.org/%7Ewill/nm_test/>

There are 2 failures using NM with different settings, and one success
using wpa_supplicant manually.

I noticed that wpa_supplicant now requires the wext driver and not ipw
for my card now.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Nico