Re: What exactly are the aims of NM?

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 03:35, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > What was the conclusion?
> > Will my card ever work with NM?
>
> The Orinoco card on my fully updated FC5 Latitude C640 connected today for
> the first time.
>
> Make sure you are fully updated and give it a shot.

(1) What exactly do you mean by "connected"?
I've neve had any problem with any of my Orinoco cards
(over several years) in connecting.
My only problem has been with NM
(and with various Linux wizards).

(2) What do you mean by "fully updated"?
What version firmware are you using,
as shown in /var/log/dmesg ?
Mine says
eth0: Firmware determined as Lucent/Agere 6.04

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366