Re: Stop/resume Wireless Devices in HEAD

Dan, thanks for patching 'nm_policy_allowed_ap_list_update' to take care of the case of switching from wired to hidden wireless network.

You wrote

I've actually enabled the Stop/resume wireless devices in the context menu of the applet in HEAD. I've also hacked up a "no connection" icon and made the applet stick around when there's no connection, per Bill's suggestion. I'll have to as Diana to get something better than what I've done.

Bill: will this more or less take care of the "no connection state" issue you've mentioned? If you click the "Stop all wireless devices" icon, NM shouldn't display the chasing arrows thing.

If it seems to work, I'll backport to Stable, along with the sleep/wake stuff.

I am about to leave for a week's conference in Dallas. When I get back, I am going to update my laptop so that I can begin testing the HEAD branch. The code you have
added to handle the 'no connection' or 'sleep' state seems reasonable to me. I expect that by
the time I take another trip in May, I will be able to use the context menu item
"Stop all wireless devices" to put NM to sleep so that I don't have to watch the animated icon or kill NM while I am on the airplane.

--
Bill Moss
Professor, Mathematical Sciences