Re: Fedora Rawhide no workie

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 13:07 -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> Sorry for a lame posting, but I can't find anything to show.  I mean, no
> suicide note, nothing in /var/log/messages, etc.
>
> Running fedora rawhide.  As of 03/10/05 update, NetworkManager will just
> stop.  Leaves a pid, but dies.  I have to stop NetworkManager, ifup
> eth0, route add default gw ..., etc to get to the net.  I will file a
> bug in Fedora Bugzilla after I determine it is not self induced.
>
> So the real question.  How, or what do I need to do to debug this?  Are
> there flags or other commandline cruft?

What's in Rawhide is broken, due to the need to port it to the new dbus
and HAL.  The problem is that HAL removed its link detection code, and
that's now getting copied over into NetworkManager.  Right now NM can't
tell whether or not your card has a link.  I expect this to get cleaned
up over the next couple days.