Thanks in advance.

From: networkmanager-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:networkmanager-list-
bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Rick van Ek
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:25 AM
To: networkmanager-list gnome org
Subject: Tried and Failed NetworkManager on Fedora 3

hello,

by the article in Redhat magazine I stumbled in and over NetworkManager.
Looks great, if it would work for me. As I'm hooking into differend
networks this looked a great tool. Have installed and started it without
errors and or problems.

But then I could not use my wired link any more. It's the fixed NIC in
my Hp OmniBook XE3.

if starting the network manager like # service networkManager start
Setting network parameters:                                [  OK  ]
Starting NetworkManager daemon:                            [  OK  ]

starting the $> NetworkManagerInfo &   => shows the icon
If I click the icon I can see wired network, but nothing more then that.
My wireless has not been connected yet. But then I cannot access the
network any more, I cannot find an error messages. if I want to get
connected with the network again I have to stop the NetworkManager
service and deactivate/activate my nic.

The nic is configured as :
[root HPomniXE3 ~]# ethtool -i eth0
driver: tulip
version: 1.1.13
firmware-version:
bus-info: 0000:00:10.0

This is what is installed :
NetworkManager-0.3.3-1.cvs20050119.2.fc3
NetworkManager-gnome-0.3.3-1.cvs20050119.2.fc3

uname -r
2.6.10-1.760_FC3

What is going on?
What can I do to trace / fix it?