Handling of suspend/resume

I've been playing around with swsusp2 and I have noticed that NetworkManager doesn't work as nice as one could hope. After a resume NetworkManager still believes that it is connected just fine. It doesn't even notice that the cable isn't connected anymore.

What would be needed is some way of telling NetworkManager to reevaluate the situation. Perhaps there even is something that it can trigger on automatically. Any ideas?

Rgds
Pierre