Adding a new menu entry to launch the gdb console...

Hi,

I am trying to add a gdb console to nemiver, one where user can type gdb commands normally and get things done the 'old-school' way.

I had a few questions regarding the same:

1. Is there a way to directly pass on the gdb commands to the underlying gdb engine? Other approach would be to parse the commands into IDebugger format
and then IDebugger would again re-convert them into gdb commands which gdb only would understand.
If we follow the first approach, we skip one step and bypass IDebugger entirely. Is that advisable? Or do you advise to still convert to IDebugger and then let IDebugger do the rest ?

2. Secondly, I tried to add some new action entries within the nmv-dbg-perspective.cc  file after line 2932. I just added a new array element in the array of the ui_utils::ActionEntry structures. My idea was to add a new menu item like View-->Show GDB Console.

However, when I did `make` and `make install`, nothing happened. My new menu item, 'Show GDB console' did not appear on the view menu.

Can anyone help me? Is there anything else I need to do to be able to add a new menu item in nemiver ?

regards,
Seemanta