Re: Refresh Nautilus through command line

El sáb, 08-03-2008 a las 21:17 -0800, Michael R. Kania escribió:
> I have been doing some extensive searching for trying to refresh
> nautilus in the terminal. I do not want to 'killall nautilus' to
> refresh. I want the same functionality that as pressing CTRL+R or
> F5.
> After scouring, I have come up with nothing. Does anybody have any
> insights?!?

Currently, we don't have this.

In general, I think in theory we should really be fully controllable and
scriptable via some IPC mechanism. KDE used to have quite advaned IPC
scripting facilities

Regarding this concrete request: What's your use-case, i.e. why do you
need this? I have a local patch that makes "nautilus --restart" restore
and reload the entire session (all windows and the desktop) including
bookmarks, but I'm not sure whether it solves your problem.

best regards,
 Christian Neumair

--
Christian Neumair <cneumair gnome org>