Re: multivew branch status & UI decisions

Hi folks,

One problem I have with tabs is that they work just like windows; as
superficial entities. They can be dragged, but that simply moves them.
It may be moving them to a convenient place, but that is no different
from moving a window to another place. Has anyone considered having the
tabs work like the breadcrumbs currently do in Browser mode, where they
can be dragged and dropped as files, or have files dropped into them, to
quickly manipulate files? It would be a nice boost to functionality, and
at least the dragging part should be relatively simple to implement.
(That's assuming it works the same for tabs as it does for other
widgets). With that in place, tabs would be very similar to the
breadcrumbs metaphor, except with the user dropping crumbs himself
instead of that being an automatic thing.

Besides this, drag and drop is awesome but can only work if it happens
everywhere.

Bye,
-Dylan

PS: I must admit to being afraid of Nautilus' code to this day, so it
is unlikely I could implement this myself.