Re: Singe click selection with checkboxes

With rubberbanding in list view scheduled for 2.14 [1](I hear from reliable sources) "cumulative selection" will be possible in both icon and list views. Whether or not to toggle selections on overlaps can be discussed. I certanly see the benefits, but also the drawbacks for inexperienced users.

The benefits from this selection mode is no added UI elements and that only one mouse button is needed. On the negative side this selection policy behaves differently from ordinary text selection...

[1]: Really just desensitizing all but the name column.

Cheers
Mikkel