Re: Singe click selection with checkboxes

On 9/13/05, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <kamstrup daimi au dk> wrote:
> Why is it that if you make a selection by rubberbanding, rubberbanding a
> second time cancels your old selection? Why not make rubberbanded
> selections cumulative? A single (left) click will still cancel the
> selection.

Not a bad idea at all, even though I don't particulary like
rubberbanding for selections of few items, I guess I could get used to
it. It should be added to list view also in some neat way though. I
think something that sounded good was mentioned earlier in this
thread.

Also, I'd add that if so, I think that rubberbanding should invert
selections. Whatever  is under the rubberband should get toggled. With
practice I think you could get really effective with that, selecting a
big group, then unselecting a smaller group within and so on.

Not that I've totally given up on getting my visual and easily
understood clues, but I do like this suggestion. =)

-- Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Lundén
✉ kristoffer lunden gmail com