Re: [Nautilus-list] .nautilus-metafile.xml

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, John Sullivan wrote:

> That's not the default, but it is a setting. Change "Make Folder Appearance
> Details Public" to "Never" in the Settings dialog.

But if it really should be public, shoudn't the file be created so that
others can change it and overwrite it themself? Otherwise the setting in a
directory will be like the first person wants it and all the other users
will have to also use that setting. If it is public anyone should be able
to change it otherwise it will be a totaly random behaviour. In some
directories I was first and get to save my prefered windows sizes and in
some other someone else was first...

I tried to change that setting and now the metafiles are where they should
be but the thumbnails are still saved in the original place. Can I change
that also so, it is saved in my home directory? I don't like to going
around putting files in places where I might have write access but where
it it not my files.

There is a setting for showing tumbnails. I could always turn it of. But I
like thumbnails and I just want to save them in my home directory without
pollution for others.

I can see that if a lot of people use nautilus there can be some space
save by reusing the tumbnails. But maybe one could put all these in a
special directory for those that wan't to share them. Do they have to be
saved in hidden directories all around the universe? This also means that
you can get thumbnails for directories where you don't have write access.

--
/Dennis