Re: [Muine] Updated groups proposal

Jorn Baayen wrote:

Hi,

I did some minor additions/changes to the groups proposal. It is at the
same location:
http://huizen.dds.nl/~jbaayen/proposal.html

The first dialog, perhaps it is an idea to add a string like "Group
contents" just above the treewidget (just like the main playlist window,
which says "Playlist (.. minutes remaining)". This would give a better
indication of the meaning of the treewidget. You could even provide more
information by this, like "Group contents (total playtime of 49
minutes)"

Right- I tried doing this but it looked odd. I found a "middle ground"
which looks quite OK IMHO - let me know what you think.

Looks good. No comment on this one (yet ;)

(Though, I don't think we should have "total playtime of XX minutes"
here, because groups are just groups of music, not ordered, and
therefore having a total playtime wouldnt really make sense, either .. )

It would not directly make sense, but the total playtime is always the same, no matter how the group is ordered. But I believe I have an idea how to get user feedback on this. See below.

Lastly, although the Delete button is in place of the context of a
group, users could also see it as a button to delete a song. Perhaps by
tagging it with "Delete Group" would make it more distinguishable.

I actually replaced the delete button with a "New group" button, which I
think is much more used. "Delete" is now only in the menus.

Indeed, the easter eggs must have made my brain nearly dead ;)

- I added a button in the main UI to open the "playlist filling" stuff.
Not quite happy with this yet ...

I feel the same too, but it seems this is currently the best solution.
Perhaps users will come up with a better one once it in place.

Well, it seems there are some issues of which we are not really certain on how to solve them. My best guess is to let the users tell us. Perhaps it is an idea to provide a short questionnaire on the website with the new release, in which the user can answer some questions related to the design issues we stumbled on.

Such a survey shouldn't be forced, thus I believe best the way to mention it, is by using the Help menu. Adding something like "Make Muine Better" would do the trick. Also have it mentioned on the site and in the release notes. The users who care about this will probably find it by these ways.

I'll volunteer for this task if everyone else also thinks this is a good idea. (I like usability testing ;)

Viet Yen