Re: [Muine] Updated groups proposal

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 18:23, Jorn Baayen wrote:

Hi,

> I did some minor additions/changes to the groups proposal. It is at the
> same location:
> http://huizen.dds.nl/~jbaayen/proposal.html

The first dialog, perhaps it is an idea to add a string like "Group
contents" just above the treewidget (just like the main playlist window,
which says "Playlist (.. minutes remaining)". This would give a better
indication of the meaning of the treewidget. You could even provide more
information by this, like "Group contents (total playtime of 49
minutes)"

Secondly, I believe the three buttons "Add Album" "Add Song" and "Remove
Selection" should be ordered differently. As the "Add Album" and "Add
Song" are probably more often used, I think the buttons would be better
ordered by "Remove Selection" "Add Song" "Add Album". The sequence of
"Add Song" and "Add Album" has been taken from the main playlist window,
in which these buttons also appear in this order.

Lastly, although the Delete button is in place of the context of a
group, users could also see it as a button to delete a song. Perhaps by
tagging it with "Delete Group" would make it more distinguishable.

> - I added a button in the main UI to open the "playlist filling" stuff.
> Not quite happy with this yet ...

I feel the same too, but it seems this is currently the best solution.
Perhaps users will come up with a better one once it in place.

Viet Yen