Re: GNOME on ARM

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Timo Jyrinki <timo jyrinki nomovok com> wrote:
su, 2010-03-21 kello 22:21 -0400, Zach Frey kirjoitti:
> Is there a good summary somewhere of the state of GNOME on ARM today?

I think it's again a bit about what do you need to know, just generics
or some performance details compared to other architectures? The
executive summary is "it works". All of GNOME is / should be available
for ARM as well as other architectures via various places like Debian or
own compilation. I'm personally using gnome-bluetooth, gnome-games,
WebKitGTK+ & co. on my phone.

Thanks, Timo.  This is inspired by the post about GNOME development using the Zoom2 -- I was considering what to propose, and wanted to know what the starting point is, and if there was already a documented list of pain points and/or desired features.

Other considerations like screen sizes, finger usability et cetera are
not really related to ARM as an architecture, but to target device
classes people usually associate with ARM, compared to x86.

That's the other thing that wasn't clear to me -- is  the Board just looking for ARM-specific improvements, or also at the more general case of support for this type of device (small screen, touch input, resource constrained)?

Thanks,
Zach