Re: GNOME Mobile release notes

> > All these issues should have individual bug reports, of course, but
> > gnome mobile should be at the center here, cause these issues just
> > makes gnome unusable on such devices, which is really sad;).
>
> I'm sure if there was individual bugs for each of these against the
> various components that they could have either a mobile tag assigned
> to them and/or be dependencies of a gnome-mobile tracking bug.

It is insane to think that "one size" will fit all with the different
screen sizes, for all values of gnome tools and applications.

Some of these issues are best worked by replacement components optimized
better for the different situations, than trying to, to use this
example, hack the infamous gnome panel further.  The panel is probably
one of these, and for which there are (possibly adequate, possible
inadequate) alternatives.

Thankfully things are modular enough that such replacements are
possible.  What  the project should ensure is that everything that makes
sense works in the contexts they might make serious sense.

I've certainly seen many items which are gratuitously hard to deal with;
those are certainly fodder for improvement and should be reported
upstream.  But before complaining about a particular component, the
first question should be: does it make sense to use want to use that
component in that context?
	         - Jim
--
Jim Gettys <jg laptop org>