Re: Gnome mobile status?

Hi Dave,

> Yu're right, the release notes are a good place to talk about the GNOME
> Mobile release, and I hope I haven't missed the boat on that.
>
> I'm still hopeful that we will have some changes & improvements visible
> very short-term in the website, and that the release will give more
> material that we can post there, and of course that a synchronisation
> with the GNOME release cycle will introduce a rhythm and sense of
> purpose in participants.
>
> We will also be able to point to a Poky release based on GNOME Mobile
> 2.24 sometime in October, which should also give us some added brownie
> points, and I know that Paul and Christian Schaller have been working on
> some stuff (I'll let them talk about it) which will also come to
> fruition around then, or perhaps a little later.
>
> We're always looking for volunteers too, if you'd like to help out with
> something in particular :)

Unfortunately I'm not really a coder. I can do some shell and have a
small understanding of C from when I did it around 10 years ago. Most
of what I've done in the past is debug of building and other issues as
well as packaging things for Fedora. So my experience is basic C debug
as well as some of the autofu stuff. But if I can help somwwhere I'm
happy to.

Peter