Mojo

Hi,

I haven't seen anything about Mojo on this mailing list so I would like
to bring it up: http://mojo.handhelds.org

Basically it's ARM port of Ubuntu and currently they have ARMv5EL and
ARMv6EL-VFP version of Feisty and Gutsy and preliminary version of
ARMv5EL from Hardy.

I think that could be very interesting base for Gnome Mobile development
or at least one of the development environments. Especially since it
brings the power of Ubuntu (and in the future why not also full Debian)
into mobile devices with better optimisation than what normal Debian
allows (though currently they are using kind of dirty way of bringing
those optimisations). Of course it is just ARM port, but this same
approach allows porting to other architectures too. Check Andrew's
presentation about the subject, it's quite good:
http://mojo.handhelds.org/files/HandheldsMojo_ELC2008.pdf

Their principles are also very sane and I think this kind of approach is
very welcome: http://mojo.handhelds.org/overview

br,
--
Miko Nieminen