Re: Presenting GMAE tomorrow in OpenMind

* Quim Gil

| In the blog post I'm commenting the silence both in this list and the
| private one. Am I missing a GNOME forum/discussion somewhere else?

If so, I'm missing out on it too.

As I see it we have a couple of challenges to unblock GNOME mobile:

 * Get hildon and related libraries onto gnome.org.  I know this at
   least used to be blocked on Nokians needing access from inside
   Nokia and same's firewall policies.  Has this been resolved now, or
   is there any chance of having it resolved in the near future?

 * We should define a set of standard applications.  A development
   platform with libraries is fine, but users want applications.

 * We need to discuss support technologies such as whether to use
   GTK's input method handling (ala matchbox-keyboard) or the Maemo
   input framework (which was recently opened up).

In addition, it's somewhat unclear to me who can make decisions for
GNOME mobile.  I'm not even a GNOME foundation member, so it feels
slightly weird for me to start defining the direction for GNOME
mobile.  I'll be happy to participate in discussions, though.

--
Tollef Fog Heen