Re: Turning compositing on and off at runtime

On 2/15/06, Rob Adams <readams readams net> wrote:
> It's not really a new feature; it just activates the currently dormant
> metacity compositing.  Maybe it could be committed without the schema?

Compositing isn't a new feature, but that's kind of beside the point;
adding the ability to turn something on and off dynamically is itself
a new feature.  It may be one worth getting approval for, and since it
is relatively self-contained and has few side-effects or changes in UI
or anything that might otherwise be scary (with the exception of the
string freeze break which you suggest a workaround for), it might not
be too hard to get through the approval process this late.    The
question is whether it's worth the trouble or whether we should just
wait...