Re: [gnome.org #2308] Application received from Ruben Vermeersch (ruben AT savanne.be)

Ruben has been a very frequent contributor to Banshee and F-Spot. He's
frequently in our IRC channel to help out where he can. He's contributed
some major pieces of code to Banshee, specifically to our database layer
- without these contributions the project may not be as mature as it is
today.

He also tries, and certainly desires, to be involved in other aspects of
GNOME - I know Banshee isn't actually "in" GNOME, but we are right along
side. He's expressed great interest in becoming more active in other
areas of GNOME and is going to try especially hard to attend GUADEC this
year, but he is also a very busy student in Belgium and school has been
eating a lot of his time lately.

I'd certainly give my "yes" to approve of his application. He's
friendly, outgoing, and exhibits the same compassion for free software
we are all so familiar with in GNOME. I've known Ruben for about two
years now - he was one of the first big followers of Banshee and has
been along for the ride the whole time - and still holding on strong.

Let me know if you need anything more specific.

Best,
Aaron