[gnome.org #2939] AutoReply: Application received from Gustavo Franco (stratus AT debian.org)

Your message about "Application received from Gustavo Franco (stratus AT debian.org)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #2939].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Gustavo Franco
E-mail: stratus AT debian.org
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): stratus
svn.gnome.org username (if any):

Debian talks"

Detailed description:
Debian GNOME packaging:
I've been contributing to the Debian's GNOME team (pkg-gnome) being the primary alacarte, desktop-base and
gnome-sudoku (recently merged into gnome-games) maintainer, with patches to others packages (eg: nautilus)
that were forwarded to be merged upstream (GNOME). Also sponsored uploads for others GNOME maintainers.

Desktop Integration With the Installer:
I'm co-maintaining the piece of software (tasksel) that is used by the debian-installer to install the set of
packages that make the default Debian desktop environment (GNOME + some packages). I've also managed to glue
the multiple Debian desktop initiatives in only one around the debian-desktop mailing list, keeping GNOME as
the default selection for Etch (also confirmed for Lenny - Etch+1)

GNOME on Debian talks:
I did some talks about Debian Desktop Etch where GNOME is the default (as cited above), with one more
scheduled for the next month.

Contacts:
Guilherme Pastore (gpastore AT gnome.org) (accounts team and more)
Loic Minier (lool AT dooz.org) (Debian GNOME maintainer and more)
Gustavo Noronha (gns AT gnome.org) (gksu developer and more)

Pointers:

âGustavo was and is the driving force behind a attractive and functional Debian desktop which is a key
component when making Debian available and usable for the masses.â February 15, 2007

Andreas Schuldei, Software Developer, Debian-Edu
worked with Gustavo at Debian

as seen on http://www.linkedin.com/in/gfranco

[Application received at Thu Jul 5 22:20:55 2007 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.