Re: subscription to foundation-announce

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 12:52 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhay wrote:
Eddy Mulyono wrote:
I contacted foundation-announce-owner on how we can do this, and
Daniel Veillard replied back. He told me that they (newly accepted
members) can just subscribe themselves to foundation-announce.

Which is a good way out. The job of the mailing list administrator then
becomes one of either accepting the request or rejecting it (if the list
is a supervised one) or just getting a notification of the subscription.
As a middle way, we can create a list on cvs, like 'to_be_subcribed.txt'
so everyone should add members that's been approved there. And every
week check the list twice or thrice, provided not less than one time,
list administrator can check that stack (file). If member has not been
subscribed then he can add member to list.

That way we won't be obstacled by lack of list maintainer, and either we
won't have members that is not member of foundation-announce. We can not
leave burden of subscribing to list only to members, because they WILL
forget to subscribe. And that list is very important for communication
between members and the committee.

We can send e-mail to maintainers when we approved members and we should
change approved form-letter noting that "if you aren't subcribed to the
foundation-announce list yet, you'll be added in a week".

I noticed that Sankarshan is one of the foundation-announce-owner. If
so, can Sankarshan help with subscribing new foundation members?

I sure can. Would require the list of names and of course the e-mail
address we have for them.

Regards
Sankarshan

ps: Sorry for delaying mail replies for so long, took some time off in
view of my marriage.