Re: CVS commits

Hi folks, I'm, apparently, still several months behind on email.

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 04:59 +0300, Baris Cicek wrote:
I have fixed the order of members in form-letters. Also I fixed some
grammar mistakes, changes some words in more common way. Changes I made
are in changes.log (attached).

Thanks for cleaning up some of this, it's been needed for a while,
though it's never made it to the top of my list.  Great to have new
blood in here!

I don't really like the change that you made from 'issues' to 'issue',
in application-accepted.txt and application renewed.  Here's the actual
sentence after your change

"It is open to the public (even non-members) and is used to discuss
any issue relating to the GNOME Foundation."

The list is used to discuss more than one issue, which is why that term
was originally plural.

The other change that doesn't look right is in application-denied.txt.

"You are free to re-apply at any time if you have additional information
which you feel will help us to illustrate your eligibility."

Here, we the committee members are not the ones doing the illustrating,
so adding 'us to' to that sentence is not correct.  Reversing the order
of those two words, and placing them at the end of the sentence makes
far more sense.  That is

"You are free to re-apply at any time if you have additional information
which you feel will help illustrate your eligibility to us."

Thanks!
        Greg

[snip]