Re: GNOME Membership Application of Bob Kashani

As the former GARNOME maintainer, I can say that Bob was invaluable to
me as a sounding board, sanity break and anything else you'd care to
name -- he was involved in some way since jdub was maintainer (2003 is
the earliest recorded message I have for him), but really stepped up to
the plate when it was indicated that I was no longer able to continue as
maintainer.

He has spearheaded GARNOME's recent re-push into GNOME's CVS, and was
formally instrumental in producing patches that helped GARNOME's
cross-compatibility under Fedora/RHEL-esque distributions, in addition,
he is well-versed and very patient when dealing with users and is one
hell of a good documentation writer to boot.

I'm putting up as many fingers as I can lift for him (one) -- he's
exactly the kind of member the GNOME community needs now, and in the
future.

There should be no question regarding his membership, IMHO.

Paul