Welcome to the new members !

Hi !

Sankarshan, Eddy, Albert and Baris are new members of the membership
committee. Welcome, guys!

I've subscribed you to the membership-committee list. Tell me if this
didn't work.

So, what's next?

First thing is that the new members need to ask for a gnome.org cvs
account if they don't already have one. Steps to get one are detailed
at: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/cvs.html

I also recommend that you checkout the gnome-foundation module from cvs
and read the docs available in the doc subdirectory if you didn't
already read them. They're also available at:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-foundation/doc/

If you have any question, don't hesitate: send a mail on the mailing
list, or try to ask in the #membership channel of irc.gnome.org (I'm
there, but I'm often away).

It was decided that one of the previous members of the committee will
stay in the committee to help you start the work and then will resign.
Other previous members resigned. I'm the one who will stay for some
times :-) But I will probably just guide you, and I'll let you do most
of the work.

One first easy task that one of you can accomplish is to update all the
documents on the gnome-foundation module that list the members of the
membership committee.

I've also a small suggestion: it'd be great to complete the
documentation so that we don't forget what new members of the committee
have to do :-) This mail can be used as a basis for such a doc.

At last, we also need to find new administrators for the
foundation-announce, membership-committee and vote mailing lists. Is
someone interested?

I'm hopeful that we'll process really fast all the membership
applications that are in the queue right now.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressÃs.