Re: Renewals

Hi all,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:57:42PM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi all,

I've looked at the membership list today. There are 170 people who need
to renew their membership before the referendum starts (and ~60 people
who'll need to renew before the elections start). People may remember
that we had a renewal period for all members two years ago and now,
all those members have to renew too.

This will represent a huge amount of renewals we'll need to process
in a short lapse of time. According to the current membership
guidelines, renewals are automatically accepted. This is why I'd like
to propose the following:

  * we send a mail telling people that their membership has ended (or
    will end soon) and that if they want to renew their membership,
    they just have to fill the application form with name, e-mail and
    choose the "previous GNOME Foundation member" option

  * when we receive the application, we verify that the person was a
    member and simply reply something like "Dear member, your renewal
    has been accepted. Please verify that you are subscribed to
    foundation-announce with your current e-mail address."

And then, we mark the membership as renewed.
What do you think?

I'm ok on this procedure...

Best regards,

Gael