Re: New members in the membership committee

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 22:42 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi all!

I'd like to propose those 3 people to join the membership committee:
  * Gael Chamoulaud [1]
  * Sayamindu Dasgupta [2]
  * Greg Leblanc [3]

We had 7 volunteers. Gael and Greg told us many months ago that they
were interested in joining the committee, so they were chosen because of
the motivation they keep showing. As Ghee suggested it, having people
from different geographical location might be good (for culture and
timezone). So Sayamindu looks like a perfect third new member.

We're planning to let 2 or 3 of the other volunteers join the committee
when we (Andy, Eric and I) will leave (probably in August), so 5 or 6
people of the 7 volunteers will work for the committee.

That sounds great to me, at least. Please give thanks to Ghee from the
board for serving, and thanks to you for organizing this and recruiting
new blood.

By the way, slightly off topic (sorry), do you guys have any plans for
the referendum on closed ballots?

Thanks-
Luis