Anonymous voting: how will we do it?

Hi there

I'm not sure the voting will be anonymous (has there been a final
decision?), but if it is, we need to figure a way to do this. The best
way I've found is this one:

        * we send a mail with a unique key to each member.
        * the members go to a webpage where they'll vote. To vote, they
          need to enter their key and choose up to 11 candidates.
        * the script sends the vote to vote gnome org and, if the member
          has specified an e-mail address, bcc the mail to this address.
          This way, the mail will be anonymous and archived.
        * people can override their vote if they want by returning to
          the webpage.

Is it a problem that people will not be able to vote by mail? If that's
a real problem, we may try to hack some things with procmail.

Vincent

PS: I'll post the elections calendar. Promised.

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.