Upcoming Elections

Guys-

There are two things I would like to discuss about the elections.  I
have thought of them just this last week, but I believe they are
pertinent to the current elections.

The elections are coming and we are not finished processing all the
renewals.  This is mainly because the board has not given clear
direction and addresses this committee's concerns about the membership
guidelines.  Until this happens we cannot in good faith finish
processing all the renewals and review the rejected renewals.  I believe
until the renewal process is finished we should not hold the foundation
elections.  We have seen there have been a few cases where rejection was
premature and I believe until we review all the rejected renewals we
cannot hold the elections.  The reason for this is a previous foundation
member might not be able to vote in this election if we proceed to hold
the elections with their renewal being rejected.

I think any member of the membership and elections committee who plans
to run as a candidate in any election for the board should not help run
that election.  I believe it creates a huge conflict of interest if a
candidate is also running the election for the position they are running
for.

Eric Baudais