Re: Windows installer builds

On 28 April 2018 at 02:08, Sanketh <pbsanketh gmail com> wrote:
Hello All,

Thank you for this great tool. Currently version 3.16.2 (August 2016) for
windows and would want new builds. It’s mentioned in the website that there
is an opportunity to help here to setup reproducible builds on windows
platform.

I would be interested to contribute here. I don’t know python programming
but I have good experience in Devops overall, so I feel it should be
manageable.

Please let me know how I could get started here if this is still an open
point.

The current "Update Windows binaries" mailing list thread is a good
starting point. The current challenge is that we're looking to build
under MSYS2 instead of our previous build step, which used packaged
libraries from a third-party project. There's been some work on
getting that to work using Appveyor, but unfortunately I don't think
we have a single place where progress is being recorded.

cheers,
Kai