Re: Question about navigation arrow in latest version of Meld

On 3 May 2016 at 14:39, Christophe JAILLET
<christophe jaillet wanadoo fr> wrote:

Le 02/05/2016 à 23:04, Kai Willadsen a écrit :

On 3 May 2016 at 05:40, Christophe JAILLET
<christophe jaillet wanadoo fr> wrote:

Then I installed the 3.16.0 again (sudo python setup.py install
--prefix=/usr)

I still have the same non-grayed arrow on the main window when I run
'meld'
(meld)
When I compare 2 files, it is the same (meld ~/1.txt ~/2.txt)

I don't know where this icons are located, so I don't know where to look
for.

There's no grayed-out version of the icons. We just set the buttons to
be insensitive and let GTK+ take care of the rest.

Can you actually click the incorrect actions? what happens when you
hover over the button, etc.?  I'm wondering if Ubuntu have changed the
drawing of insensitive buttons or something.

mouse over the button: help tooltip is displayed
mouse over an 'active' button: a rounded square is displayed around the icon
mouse over an 'inactive' button: NO rounded square displayed
Icon with a text (Cancel for example): text is grayed, but not the icon
Icon with a text (Cancel for example, when something can be cancelled): text
is white
click on the button (when it should be grayed): no action

I can send screenshot if it helps.

I don't know if it helps, but some other applications have correct icon
behavior (Geany and RapidSVN for example)

So I'm going to fall back to my default response in such situations
and say that... Meld isn't doing anything weird here. I suspect that
the Ubuntu theme has done something slightly odd with button selectors
or something, but I can't really be sure until I get around to
spinning up a VM.

If anyone else wants to look at this, pulling up gtk-inspector on
e.g., Meld and Geany and seeing what the difference is in CSS
hierarchy + applied styles might be useful.

cheers,
Kai