Re: Full file/directory path

On 6 January 2016 at 16:58, Sky Diver <skydivergm gmail com> wrote:
Hello Kai,

Could you please address this issue?

I have a few times in the past, but sure.

The old file chooser was the libgnomeui GnomeFileEntry, which was
deprecated in *2004*, in favour of GtkFileChooserButton. We carried
our own bad reimplementation of its behaviour for years, and I have no
intention of bringing back either that implementation or that UI.

I'm sympathetic to people not loving the standard GTK+ file chooser.
However, as far as I'm concerned the only reasonable options here are
to try and find a way to improve the existing chooser, or write a new,
better widget. I'm open to someone wanting to do this, but it's not
likely to be me.

Ideally anyone interested in doing this would actually figure out what
the use cases are for this that aren't solved by the existing file
choosers for a start, and then probably see if the Gnome design team
had anything to say on the matter.

cheers,
Kai