Unable to use file filter to filter directories

First off,

Absolutely *love* meld.  Thanks so much for making such a great tool.  All my co-workers are jealous (who don't use linux that is!)

We've got some third party libraries in our source tree that we rarely change.  I'd like to exclude them, because they contain several thousand files and it takes a while to do the initial scan.  I tried setting some variations of what I think are valid shell globs in the file filters section, where directory to exclude is named 'foo':
  1. 'foo'
  2. 'foo/*'
  4. '/foo/'
  5. 'path/to/foo/*'
I'm not too sure what else I can try.  I disabled the version control exclude pattern, but it didn't seem to include the .svn directories either.

Any thoughts?  Am I missing something?  Is there a bug?

Thanks again for such an incredibly useful tool - 1.3 is awesome!

--ben