Can matching lines be shown side-by-side ?

Hi,
    I'm a new meld user (1.1.5 on Centos 5) and apologize if this has been asked before. I didn't
have any luck searching the list archives. When there there are inserted/deleted lines for a file
compare is it possible to have meld display the matching (full or partial) lines side-by-side, with
'empty lines' to fill gaps ? That's what I've always seen when using other diff tools. The
highlighting of matching sections with lines 'linking' them in the central diff bar visually looks
nice but is hard to follow (for me anyway).

- David