Re: opening new diffs in existing window

On 11/18/06, Kacper Wysocki <kacperw online no> wrote:
[snip]
If dbus is not installed on the system, meld will silently ignore all
the dbus stuff, but I could alternatively print a message informing
the user.

I just noticed that my patch will cause two problems:
1) The dbus binding class MeldDbus is a child of dbus.service.Object,
which is not defined if the python-dbus module is not installed and
will therefore lead to a ValueError exception
2) in the case that the python-dbus module is installed while dbus
itself isn't, meld will print a stacktrace instead of launching.

I'll try to look for solutions to these problems. Comments appreciated.

http://kacper.doesntexist.org/hacks/meld-dbus.patch

-Kacper