Re: Display count of selected files

As far as I can tell it's just the vanilla mc that comes with the latest ubuntu 21.04.

$ mc --version
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.26
Built with GLib 2.66.4
Built with S-Lang 2.3.2 with terminfo database
With builtin Editor and Aspell support
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
With ext2fs attributes support
Virtual File Systems:
 cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ext2undelfs, ftpfs, sftpfs, fish
Data types:
 char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64;

Isn't there a setting somewhere that allows me to configure it explicitly?

Den lör 25 sep. 2021 kl 12:38 skrev Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com>:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2021, Francesco Orsenigo wrote:

> With the newer version (I'm using 4.8.26) I noticed that selecting files
> gives me the total selected size but not the selected file count.

For me 4.8.27 also shows the total number of files, maybe you are using a
localized version and the translation is buggy?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev