Re: What is "audio/x-wav D)download or C)cancel" anyway?

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 19:41:17 -0500 (CDT) Theodore Kilgore wrote:

and why do I get a black screen with this mysterious message at the bottom
when I am attempting to play a WAV file in MC running in a terminal (not
in X!)? And, of course, I just get this message, no music. What in the
world is happening, here?

MC supports system-wide file bindings using xdg-open.

Just upgraded to Slackware Current on my old eeepc netbook, decided to
play a piece of music afterward to relax, and I confronted this.

I looked into the extension editor, and it says about wav files and other
sound files that it follows what is in /usr/libexec/mc/ext.d/sound.sh

That file does not seem to contain anything of the kind. It says it is
going to use "play" in the terminal (which is what I expected) and it says
it wants to use "xmms" in X.

Look at the end of sound.sh:

86 open)
87     "${MC_XDG_OPEN}" "${MC_EXT_FILENAME}" 2>/dev/null || \
88         do_open_action "${filetype}"

To disable xdg-open in mc, you can define MC_XDG_OPEN=/bin/false.

--
Andrew