create default ini if now one exists

Hello,
can someone explain how the ini in /root/.config/mc/ is created if there is now one?

I want to modifiy the default ini (use intern editor, show line numbers etc) to set the changes also to users that dosn't exists now.

Ubuntu write:

 /usr/share/mc/mc.ini

              The  default  system-wide setup for GNU Midnight Commander, used
              only if the user's own ~/.mc/ini file is missing.
But I can't find the file in Debian Wheezy.

I also grep for "[Midnight-Commander]" (the first line in the ini file)
find only in:

/usr/share/mc/help/mc.hlp.ru
/usr/share/mc/help/mc.hlp.es
/usr/share/mc/help/mc.hlp