Disabling file highlighting for some types?

Hi Folks,

I'm using mc 4.8.1 on some Ubuntu system where I do not have root
access.  The system wide mc configuration has file highliting
rules for almost everything, and that drives me nuts; the panels
resemble modern art more than a list of files.

In /etc/mc I find two related files:

"Syntax" contains this snippet:

--
file filehighlight.ini$ File\sHighlighting\sdefinitions ^#\sfile\shighlight\srules\sversion\s
include filehighlight.syntax

and filehighlight.ini has this section I want to disable:

--
[temp]
    extensions=tmp;$$$;~;bak

How can I disable these predefined rules in the user specific
configuration?

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--