Re: mc Digest, Vol 85, Issue 1

2011/5/9 chris glur <crglur gmail com>:
This FC1>kde>mc>mcedit has a M$-wizardy-type feature, which
annoys me. Whenever I cut a "http://"; for later pasteing,
a 'wizard pops up' <can I fetch this webpage for you now sir>.
I don't know if it's in mcedit or mc or kde or ...

Off-topic, but what you are seeing here is probably klipper, which is
the kde cut buffer manager. It sits in the system tray and its default
icon look like a pair of scissors. There's a setting in the klipper
config to disable this kind of automatic action, or you could just
remove it from your startup list (look in systemsettings, the kde
control panel, for that).

--
JesÃs Guerrero Botella