Re: ftp, login name with a '@' in the middle

On Fri, January 16, 2009 08:52, Roland Illig wrote:
Enrico Weigelt schrieb:
* Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj terra es> wrote:
Hello,

I contracted a new hosting today and my user name has a '@'
in the middle. How can I -well, can I at all?- instruct mc to login
with such a name?

Your hoster is broken. '@' is not a valid character for usernames.

Can you please prove that '@' may not be used in usernames? I couldn't
find it in RFC 959.

It's possible, and probable. I always stay within the basic set. However I
have no control
over the name that these guys gave me. There's no way to change that and I
need a
client that doesn't hang every minute and can deal with @

So far, the only one that works is filezilla, which is a shame since I had
to compile
wx just for that. I've tried lots of clients, both command and graphics
based. All of them
are unusable for one or another reason.

Thanks :)
--