Re: Thank you to the author of MC

Much as I hate the differences between mc and my favorite OFM that isn't
ported to Linux, without mc I'd not likely be using Linux. It's no mere
crutch, but rather foundation. Distro packagers who don't include it in
default installs are fools.

I agree.  That would be Ubuntu.  I use Ubuntu almost exclusively now.
The first thing I do on a fresh install is use vi (terrible unintuitive
thing that it is) to edit /etc/apt/sources.list.  Then install mc.
Then, I can easily edit other files needing customization.

I, too, am much indebted to mc author(s).

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  410 days 19 hours 51 minutes