Re: Changing remote directories --- pFTP

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007, Martín Ezequiel Garzón Lucero wrote:

Thanks a lot, Pavel, it worked! I wonder why that wouldn't be the default,
but I guess I'll learn it at some point...

It was made the default at some point but you have an older release. In fact your MC is quite old. You might consider upgrading to a recent
snapshot. Snapshots can be found at the following address:

  http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/snapshots/

Many thanks and regards,

Martin

On 4/20/07, Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Martín Ezequiel Garzón Lucero wrote:

> I am currently using MC Version 4.6.1-pre4 on Slax. I previously used it
on
> Knoppix and didn't have the following problem. When changing directories
on
> the remote system by hitting Enter on top of the appropriate dir nothing
> happens. To be precise, on top of the file list it does change from
"/#ftp:
> username domain" to "/#ftp:username domain/dir", but nothing else, even
upon
> rescanning.

You might setting the value of 'ftpfs_first_cd_then_ls' to 1 in your
configuration file - $HOME/.mc/ini .