Re: Midnight Commander 4.6.1 has been released.

Hi mc-team,

thanks for the new release!

I have build it with standard configure options and make on Suse linux 9.3.
Seems to work fine so far except for the special german characters. Where ever
such a character appears it's displayed like 'line noise' and the frame of
the dialog or panels are screwed up at those lines.

Any hint? Charset support was not enabled with configure but according to the
documentation it's incomplete and only related to the editor and the viewer.

Any help is appreciated. I also attached some feature proposals.

Greetings
Heiko

Additionally feature requests:
==================
I use mc for so many years on linux (fcw on windows). There are two features I
badly miss. One is the clipboard support (in the editor) which I found in the
TODO for version 4.7.
The other is the pnael sorting with a short cut. There are often situations in
which you want to see the newest files in a large directory and quickly want
to change between name and last modification sorting. And when sorting please
put the newest first. (Currently you put the newest last).

      - Hiding of FTP passwords.

There one further thing which would be nice to have and which keeps me from
using mc as ftp client. The ability to save secure passwords with ftp
connections. Currently they would appear in the directory hotlist.