Re: Can't input accented characters

luc-midcomm BrazilianTranslation net wrote:
- to type ô, I usually press ^ then o. But when I press o, I get the "Sort block" command;

This behaviour has to do with the 8-bit-clean input behaviour. The letters '^' and 'o' are combined into the letter 'ô'. This letter has the character code 244, which is the same as 128 + 't'.

The combination 128 + 't' is interpreted as ALT + 't', and so the Sort command is invoked.

I cannot reproduce this behaviour, but it know where it comes from. Please tell us which version of the Midnight Commander you are using and what your settings in the "Display Bits" dialog of the Midnight Commander are. That can help a lot.

The "Display Bits" settings: F9 --> Options --> Display Bits

mc --version

Roland