Re: dependency problem installing MC in Redhat 9.0

Hi Alejandro,

Alejandro Lengua <alengua vohosting com> wrote:

Making some googling I found that the slang-1.2.2-1.i386.rpm
is the one I should need to install. However a more recent version
"package slang-1.4.5-16" is already installed.

So I decided to install forcing --nodeps
however it didn_t work fine and now I get this error everytime I run
"mc"

mc: error while loading shared libraries: libslang.so.1: cannot open

I'm not familar with Red Hat but try the following.

1. look which libslang installed on your system

  ls -l /lib/libslang.so.*

  results something like

  /lib/libslang.so.1.4.9
                   ----- version number

2. make a soft link to the most recent version

  cd /lib/
  ln -s libslang.so.1.4.9 libslang.so.1

Then it should work.

Frank